Sunday, July 25, 2010

Grady came early!!!

Grayden Nicholas Hottinger was born at 3:53 am on July 24, 2010.  He came early as our due date was August 1st.  Thursday night I was having some contractions but they were far apart and very sporadic.  I took a Tylenol that night before bed and felt ok in the morning.  I went to work on Friday and was on my feet most of the day.  By about 1 I finally sat down at my desk to do some paperwork and noticed that the pains I was having were coming more frequently and they were pretty much about 7 min apart and regular.  I ended up calling my OB office and they told me that I should get my feet up and try and hydrate a little better than I had done that morning.  At 3: 30 I went home.  I put my feet up, got  a big jug of water, some grapes and of course some M&M's and plopped down on the couch.  At about 6:30 I had a feeling while laying on the couch that my water may have just broke!  I called the doc and he sent me to the hospital just to find out if it had indeed broke.  Lets just say I never got to leave!!  I was hooked up to an IV, gown on, and in bed by 7:30.  I think I got my epidural by 11 or 12 that night and started pushing at 3am....... Grady was born 53 min. later!  We are still at the hospital now hoping to leave this afternoon sometime.  They are supposed to come take pictures around noon and then I think we'll be on our way.  It will be so nice to lay down in my own bed tonight, even if it is only for a couple hours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment